We’re delighted to have recently received the Pension Transfer Gold Standard. This means that we are officially recognised as a firm of ethical advisors who give professional advice on pension transfers with customers’ best interests at heart.
Below, we provide more information from the Personal Finance Society to help you understand what this means…
“If you are dealing with financial advice firms adopting the Pension Transfer Gold
Standard, you can expect they will exceed these requirements in their dealings with you. Specifically, they will…
• Help you understand the implications of a transfer, so you can decide whether taking advice is appropriate, before you take it and incur any costs in doing so.
• Ensure that the advice supports your overall wellbeing in the context of your stated objectives, needs and wants.
• Use appropriately qualified technical skills to advise on whether to transfer,
and what to transfer into in order that you have the best chance of meeting
• Only recommend mainstream investments from regulated investment companies (unless you are an expert investor).
• Be fully transparent and take necessary steps to ensure that you understand all the costs involved.
• Draw your attention to any Conflicts of Interest in giving pension transfer
advice and how these are managed in your best interests.
• Share with you their experience and the outcomes of advising people on transfers.”
More information is available from the Personal Finance Society here.